English language quarterly for the Promotion of Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights
Publisher: BADIL Resource Center
Annual subscription fee (4 issues): US $20
Our March issue of AL-MAJDAL is dedicated to stocktaking of past achievements and
suggestions for future development of a broad, community-based Campaign for Palestinian
refugees' right of return and restitution. International Refugee Law, international human rights
fora, international treaty-based bodies (mainly UN Committees), as well as domestic legal
systems are presented as potentially useful tools for the protection and enforcement of
Palestinian refugee rights.
This issue of Al-MAJDAL also contains:
- Activity Update: Campaign for the Defense of Palestinian Refugee Rights: Return Rally in Nazareth;
- Activist Workshop on international protection of Palestinian refugees;
- Summary of events on the Palestinian Land Day (30 March);
- Survey of Israeli laws used for the expropriation of Palestinian lands (1948 - 2000);
- Reportage about West Bank Bedouin: The New Refugees?
- Update: Israeli-Palestinian Final Status Negotiations;
- Workshop Report: The Future of UNRWA (London, February 2000);
- Jerusalem ID Card Confiscation: Update 1999;
- Feature: The Baramki House - a Case of Stolen Heritage in a Colonized Jerusalem;
- Interview: Palestine in the Eyes of a British Mandate Soldier (1947/8);
- Refugee Voices;
- In Our Own Affairs: BADIL General Assembly Convened.
For subscription orders, please send a check of US $20 (US$ or equivalent in your local
currency) to BADIL Resource Center.