A) Job Title: Legal Research Officer
Scope: contracted - Full Time
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, 25 September 2012, by 16:00 pm.
Application must include: CV/Resume, Letter of interest/ personal statement in English, a sample of applicant’s writing and 2 references.
The Legal Research Officercontributes to implementation of BADIL's research plan, including compilation and analysis of field data, legal and political resources, as well as drafting of articles, briefs and studies which support BADIL's legal publications, rights-based advocacy and campaigns. S/He works with the Resource, Research and Legal Advocacy Unit within BADIL.
- Lead, coordinate and conduct research and writing for BADIL legal studies, fact sheets and briefs, including the bi-annual Survey of Palestinian Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons.
- Ensure professional review and English-language editing of BADIL research prepared for publication by staff and external authors;
- Serving as resource personfor BADIL, in particular being responsible for responding to written information requests made to Badil,as well as international outreach and campaigns, mainly through preparation of articles for BADIL's magazines, press releases and presentations.
- Provide professional assistance to advocacy and campaigning, in particular, contribute to activation and expansion of the BADIL Legal Support Network.
- Master degree in Legal studies, preferably in International law - human rights,
- 3 years experience in conducting and editing legal research and/ or working in relevant field.
- Fluentspoken and written Englishand skilled in editing, preferably English native.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Palestine Cause, in particular the refugee question.
B) Job Title: Accountant
Scope: contracted - Full Time
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 27 September 2012, by 16:00 pm.
Application must include: CV/Resume, Letter of interest/personal statement and 2 references. All documents submitted must be in English.
Responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting: developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements; addressing tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end reports.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from donors and others regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Supervise the general ledger to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training in area of expertise to new and existing staff as needed.
- Work to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, cash flow statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with national and donor financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Develop and maintain financial data bases.
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting;
- 2 years experience in similar role;
- Fluentspoken and written English;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of international financial reporting standards.