English language Quarterly for the Promotion of
Palestinian Residency & Refugee Rights
Publisher: BADIL Resource Center
Annual subscription fee (4 issues) - US $20
In this issue of AL-MAJDAL, we take a special look at Palestinian refugees in Syria. We also examine the issue of Palestinian refugees who were expelled from the demilitarized zones, particularly in the north (armistice line Israel-Syria), after the Nakba and throughout the early 1950s. AL-MAJDAL also provides an indepth update of activities for the Campaign for the Defense of Palestinian Refugee Rights over the past 3 months in Europe, Palestine, and Lebanon. We also provide a preliminary schedule of Campaign activities for the year 2000.
The December issue of AL-MAJDAL contains:
- Statement by Internally Displaced and Refugees in West Bank and Lebanon(International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People; 51st Anniversary of UN Resolution 194);
- Refugee Campaign Update (Europe, Palestine, Lebanon);
- EU Discussion Paper: Palestinian Refugee Rights;
- Update: Israeli-Palestinian Final Status Negotiations;
- Profile: Palestinian Refugees in Syria;
- Exiled after the Nakba: Palestinian Refugees from the Demilitarized Zones;
- Palestinians in Lebanon: Under the Hammer of the Syrian-Lebanese
- Preparations for Negotiations with Israel;
- UNRWA Update: 1998-1999;
- New Opinion Polls on Refugees;
- The "Safe Passage";
- Bethlehem Checkpoint Update;
- Apartheid Scenario: If South Africa Had Taken the Road to Oslo ...
- Update: Jerusalem ID Card Confiscation;
- Oral History (Beit Jibrin) and Voices from Lebanon.