Job Vacancy AnnouncementJob Title: Research Unit Program Coordinator
Scope: Full Time
Application must include: CV/Resume, Letter of interest/personal statement in English, a sample of applicant’s research and 2 references. Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committee. Starting immediately
The Research Unit Manager/Program Coordinator is responsible to ensure efficient and effective planning, implementation and reporting of research publications, production of tools, projects and activities of BADIL’s Research and Production Unit. The manager/coordinator is also responsible to contribute to organizational management and development in accordance with the vision, mission and strategy of BADIL.
- Lead, coordinate, manage, supervise and conduct research and writing for BADIL legal studies, fact sheets and briefs, including the bi-annual Survey of Palestinian Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons and legal submissions, statements and reports
- Plan, review, revise unit and organizational action plans, and assign activities and tasks to unit staff as dictated by the plans;
- Manage, supervise and direct unit program and human resources, including the guidance and supervision of staff, volunteers and contracted personnel within the unit;
- Provide professional assistance and support to the other units, community mobilization, legal and international advocacy and finance and administration;
- Supervision and guidance of the production of all BADIL publications (non-research publications), and the writing/editing/translation of designated materials;
- Serving as resource person for BADIL, in particular being responsible for responding to written information requests made to BADIL;
- Ensure professional legal review including Arabic and English-language editing of BADIL research;
- Master degree in legal studies, preferably in – International humanitarian and human rights law (IHL and IHRL)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of history and politics of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and relevant international law;
- 3 years experience in conducting, producing and editing legal research and/ or working in relevant field.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills (in both English and Arabic)
- Skilled in proof-reading and editing.
Preference shall be given to candidates that are Arabic natives and female candidates with equal or higher qualifications. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.