BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights
Vacancy Announcement and Call for Applications
Community Mobilization Officer
BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights is a Palestinian human rights organization established in 1998 and based in Bethlehem. BADIL is dedicated to defending and promoting the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people in general and the rights of the displaced in particular. BADIL utilizes a rigorous rights and evidence based legal analysis established within the frameworks of international humanitarian, human rights and refugee law to further advance Palestinian rights.
Position: Community Mobilization Officer
Location: Bethlehem, Palestine
Application must include: CV/Resume, Letter of interest/personal statement in English, a sample of applicant’s writing and 2 references. Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committee. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by BADIL.
The Community Mobilization Officer coordinates, implements and ensures communication, training, participation, enlistment of partners in all BADIL’s initiatives/activities and campaigns within the local community; initiates, supports and maintains local relationships, partnerships and alliances; initiates, supports and maintains local, national and international campaigns and relationships.
- Implement BADIL's projects, initiatives and campaigns with BADIL's Palestinian and international partners within the Community Mobilization Unit.
- Participate in and report on the progress of various coalitions and campaigns.
- Identify and initiate new partnerships in other networks, coalitions and campaigns.
- Identify and manage BADIL’s role, interventions, contribution to and participation in initiatives of its partner coalitions and campaigns.
- Initiate, develop and maintain communication with local, national, regional and international organizations with a particular focus on bodies/areas that work with or contain Palestinian refugees.
- Provide the link between BADIL and its partners, through the gathering and dissemination of information related to progress and development of these relationships.
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of press releases in Arabic and English for BADIL initiatives and activities.
- Coordinate the translation of needed documents and translate when needed.
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in media, communications, public or international relations or related field; additional Master’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience within Palestinian civil society;
- Excellent Arabic speaking, writing and presentation skills required: ability to write clear, concise and well-structured press releases, statements, reports and other publications in Arabic;
- English speaking writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent in networking, campaigning and conducing training workshops.
- Knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including refugee question, and an understanding of local and regional politics;
- Strong commitment to human rights and social justice principles;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team; willingness to work long hours if required; and,
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
For international applicants: BADIL does not facilitate visa applications. Interested candidates either must have a valid visa or are able to obtain one.
Preference shall be given to candidates that: are residents of the Bethlehem governorate; are Arabic natives and/or female candidates with equal or higher qualifications.