BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights
Vacancy Announcement and Call for Applications
BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights is a Palestinian human rights organization established in 1998 and based in Bethlehem. BADIL is dedicated to defending and promoting the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people in general and the rights of the displaced in particular. BADIL utilizes a rigorous rights and evidence based legal analysis established within the frameworks of international humanitarian, human rights and refugee law to further advance Palestinian rights.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Bethlehem, Palestine
Main Responsibilities, qualifications, experience and requirements are available at www.badil.org
Application must include: CV/Resume, Letter of interest/personal statement in English, a sample of applicant’s writing in English and 2 references. Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committee. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by BADIL.
The Administrative Assistant contributes to the work of the Administrative and Financial Affairs Unit which supports the actualization of BADIL's vision and mission by ensuring the availability of resources for the implementation of its programs and projects. This includes assisting the unit in securing financial and human resources, fundraising, project cycle management (PCM), communication with international partners and donors, reporting, and proposal writing.
- Assist in the writing of reports: regular reports (quarterly newsletter, midterm and annual reports) and project reports.
- Collect, organize and archive reporting data and statistics for all of BADIL’s programs and projects;
- Support the reporting efforts of all the units;
- Assist in the writing of project and grant proposals;
- Translate and write press releases in English and Arabic;
- Maintain BADIL’s internal calendars;
- Archiving and filing financial and administrative documents.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or certification in project cycle management (PCM) and proposal writing and reporting;
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent English writing and editing skills: ability to write clear, concise and well-structured reports and other publications on human rights issues in English;
- Strong interest and sound understanding of current international affairs; good understanding of international policies towards Israel/Palestine and the Arab Region in general;
- Knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and an understanding of local and regional politics;
- Working knowledge of Arabic preferred but not required;
- Strong commitment to human rights and social justice principles;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team; willingness to work long hours if required; and,
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
For international applicants: BADIL does not facilitate visa applications. Interested candidates either must have a valid visa or are able to obtain one.
Preference shall be given to candidates that are Arabic natives and/or female candidates with equal or higher qualifications.