BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights and the Global Palestinian Refugee and Displaced Persons Network (GPRN), in cooperation with the Coordination Committee of Palestinian Factions, began preparations for the activities for the 75th Commemoration of the Nakba and to challenge the policies and practices of the Israeli colonial-apartheid regime. In accordance with the recent successful campaign that resulted in the issuance of a UNGA resolution to commemorate the Nakba, BADIL and its partners will coordinate and organize a wide range of local and international activities throughout the year under the slogan:
“Ongoing Resistance in the face of the Ongoing Nakba”
The planned activities include, but are not limited to:
- Simultaneous lighting of the torch of return and popular marches that will take place in camps and cities in Palestine and countries around the world.
- The launch of the Al-Awda Award Competition for the Best Nakba Poster (details will be announced soon).
- Production of a short film on the legitimacy of resisting the Israeli colonial-apartheid regime.
- A photographic exhibition of the best 25 photographs that display the various forms of the Palestinian people’s legitimate resistance to achieve the right to self-determination and return to their original homes.
- The production of promotional and awareness materials such as t-shirts, posters, banners, and other tools.
The film and photographic exhibition will be displayed at the UN headquarters in Geneva and New York (details will be announced soon).
In addition to joint - public events that will be organized simultaneously nationally and internationally, there will be domestic events in different locations. Accordingly, BADIL, the GPRN and the Coordination Committee of Palestinian Factions welcome joining this campaign by national and international networks, organizations and activists and call on them to send and coordinate their initiatives and activities with BADIL.
Cell Phone: +970593278008
Office Number: 02 277 7086
BADIL’s hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm